Thursday, April 19, 2007

How much did you say that was going to cost?

We have Kenmore appliances. I have generally liked them the whole year-and-some that we've lived in this house. Especially our fridge; I love our fridge.

Oh, but our oven. It has a problem. Its handle likes to fall off. It was down to every couple of weeks it would fall off, and then eventually, every couple of uses. So, eventually, we screwed the screws in so tight, that one side was stripped. And, of course, we procrastinated and didn't call about our problem within the one-year limit of the warranty. (DaRn.) So, we ordered a new handle, and were assured that our screws would work with this new handle, or it would come with screws if it needed to. (The guy didn't really know.) Uh, yeah, the screws are just slightly too large. So, after paying an exorbitant amount for this stupid oven handle (don't even ask), we can't even use it.

So, of course I called Sears today about the screws. We went through the whole ordering process, and the lady never mentioned a cost, so (silly me) I thought maybe they'd be free. (I mean, the screws were supposedly supposed to be in our original order.) Then we got all the way to the end, and she said she was ready for my credit card information. Okay, way to try to slip that one by me, lady. So, I ask how much it comes to. Do you want to know how much Sears wants me to pay for two screws and two tiny teeny little washers? $18.82. Almost twenty dollars! Are you kidding me?! So, I told her "No, thanks" and canceled the whole order.

Sheesh.

5 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

yeah that's ridiculous! i'm sure you can find cheaper ones! they're just screws. fight 'em!

Adminswife said...

They screwed you!

Anonymous said...

1. Go to a hardware store
2. Ask for help finding the right screws.
3. Ask for lock washers to go with them
4. Pay in cash, they don't like $.25 charges
5. If they won't go in use a hammer

Anonymous said...

Two words... Liquid Nails. We have this adult size sketelton at work and every week i was having to put his tibia and fibia back together. I finally got fed up with stuff that didn't work and bought some of this liquid nail stuff. One guy claimed it would worked the best. He was right cause I havent had to fix the leg in like a month. And it's not that messy either.

Anonymous said...

skeleton... i really didn't spell skeleton right the first try... oh well