Friday, April 06, 2007

Concert, birthday party, baby, surgery...

*Note: I actually wrote this post last Friday, April 6, and Luke uploaded the pictures for me from work. But then, a busy weekend took over, and dial-up is just excruciatingly slow. Sorry it's a little out-of-date!

As Alonna mentioned on her blog, we attended a concert last Thursday evening. Alonna, Luke, and I went down to K-zoo and were privileged to see Need to Breathe, who put on an amazing show, and Jars of Clay, who did a good job but weren't quite as exciting. But who doesn't like Jars of Clay, right? There was also another "band" called Disappointed with Candy. It was two extremely talented guys playing some extremely weird music. I was not a fan. Sorry, guys. It added insult to injury, since we were supposed to see Burlap to Cashmere, but they dropped out. So, Disappointed with Candy was their replacement. Boo.

My wonderful parents were very gracious and generous to come down on Thursday morning and watch the kids while Alonna, Luke, and I took off for the day/night. We got back around midnight on Thursday, I think. (Can't really remember.) Then they stuck around until Saturday evening. It was really nice to be able to have some quality time with them, and my mom was a HUGE help in getting ready for the party. Thanks, Mom! (And thanks for blowing up the balloons, Alonna!)

The party was a success! Caleb turned ONE on Sunday! Wow, huh? How time flies...Both of our families (minus Erin, Betsey, and boyfriends - we missed you!), plus the Brewsters and Sheridans came. It was fun. Lots of food, lots of wonderful gifts. A pretty sweet little boy. He didn't like his cake at first, but he did end up getting pretty messy. Wouldn't you know, I didn't take one picture of the cake part? Isn't that lovely? I've copied some pictures from my mom's camera, but I don't know if anyone got a good picture of the end result - Caleb covered in chocolate cake/frosting - before we threw him in the tub. Oh, well, I guess. That's what happens when the new baby is zapping my brain 24/7.

Speaking of baby, I had my "real" doctor appointment last Tuesday. It went well. The doctor said everything looks great. And she didn't even tell me to watch my weight! Good job, Dr. Anderson! The baby's heartbeat was up to 167 this time, so maybe Grace is wrong and it's a girl. We shall wait 25 more weeks (or 27, depending on how late the stinker is) to find out.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for my dad's surgery! It went extremely well! He had the surgery around 9:30am on Tuesday, and he was doing great when we saw him on Tuesday evening. He said he felt better after the surgery than he had before! Which is huge, since we expected a rough recovery. I hope everything continues to heal quickly and painlessly. Anyway, thanks for your prayers! They're effective!


I think that's all for now. I'm exhausted, and dial-up is stinking slow. I might actually blog more if we can ever get high-speed again. Then again, maybe I won't, since I'll soon be a mother of three. (YAWN.) Just thinking about that makes me want to take a nap...







-{lkr}

2 comments:

Adminswife said...

Love the pictures - love the boy! Awesome pictures! Awesome news about your Dad, concert and amazing birthdays. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute kiddo! Happy B-Day Caleb. Hope to meet you someday. In a week or two I may get to share some cool news with you, but not now. You and all my other friends must wait. I can guess what you're guessing, and you may be wrong, but who knows. ;)