Friday, July 07, 2006

Two steps forward, one step back...

Well, we had a great time in Manton! It was wonderful to spend time with my family and some friends. We got to spend quite a bit of time in the sun, too, so it's REALLY nice to have some color on our formerly pasty-white bodies.

When we got there on Sunday, my family had a little party for us, I think just because we haven't been there in a while, and people wanted to see Caleb. My grandma (from about an hour away) and great aunt and cousins came, as well as some friends. It was really nice to see everyone and not have to worry about trying to go to all their separate houses. They all came to us!

My dad, Karl, and Luke had fun riding Dad's and Karl's motorcycles. They got them recently. They're 2001 Suzuki Savage 650s, I think, and they match (except Dad's is blue and Karl's is black). Isn't that cute? I took lots of pictures, so I'll post some when I get them developed.

The only bad part about the weekend was Caleb's loss of sleep. Remember how he was sleeping through the night? Yeah, not anymore. DaRn! I'm tired again. Hopefully he'll get back in the groove soon. We'll see.

Now that we're back I've been overwhelmed with Backyard Bible Clubs stuff. They start next Monday, the 10th. I will be relieved when they're over.

Welp, happy weekend, everyone! Can't wait to see my Rumley sisters this weekend! (YAY for sisters and wedding invitations!)

-{lkr}

*The picture of the motorcycle is borrowed from the Internet. It's not actually one of their bikes.

4 comments:

Adminswife said...

I can understand Karl buying a bike, but your Dad? Is he having a mid-life crisis (JK)? Did Grace get a ride? I bet she like that! Glad you had a safe and good trip to Manton. We are having a ball (except today, we are shopping, resting and staying in the motel for most of the day - kids think that is boring). All they want to do is watch t.v. in here - and today I am not letting them (bad momma). Have fun with the girls - wish we could have joined them. BTW, next year Tim's school meets from June 30 - July 20. Want to join us for one, two or three weeks? Would love your company. Grace would love the pool at the bottom of the stairs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Caleb will get back in his routine. Traveling is hard on all of us. So is luke going to join the Manton motorcycle gang?

Emily said...

love hearing about your trip! i don't think we talked too much about it yesterday.

See you tomorrow at 10!

Alonna said...

Glad you had fun! Now that you're gone the pool is nasty! (More info in my blog) O well. I blew up one pool matress, a thirty-inch ring, a dolphin ring, and a duck ring. wwheeee!

P.S. I don't care if you tell people about my blog.