Oh, man.
Luke got a free trial subscription to download songs to our computer, so that's what we were doing last night. And I thought, let's try to find that T-Bone song we heard on the radio the other day. I like that song. Yes, it's Christian rap, and yes I'm whitey-white, but it has a nice beat and good lyrics, and frankly, we like to boogie. Even Grace likes to dance in this household.
SO, not knowing the name of the song, we searched for T-Bone. And one of us suggested that maybe T-Bone Burnett is his full name - let's look at his songs and try to find one that sounds like it might be the one we like. So, we picked a couple of songs and started to download them...Did I mention that we still have dial-up? Yeah, it took a while...But FINALLY the downloads were done, and I was so excited to find out if the songs were the right ones...
OH, MAN! It was the weirdest music ever. I wondered if T-Bone fell off the wagon or something. It was NOT rap. At all. Surely the person who made these songs was on drugs? Poor T-Bone. I lost all faith in him.
So, I signed off the Internet, because as we all know, you cannot use the phone and be online when you only have dial-up. (Oh, how I miss the wonder of having DSL.) Anyway, I phoned my local DJ, who answered, "WayFM?" Thankfully, he knew who T-Bone was, and he told me the name of the song I wanted to hear. So, I signed back on and downloaded it. And played it. And YES! It was THE song! Woo-hoo!
So, in a flash of inspiration, I said to Luke, "Google T-Bone Burnett." We found him. Yeah, he's not our beloved Christian rapper T-Bone. He's a scary, old white guy. PHEW! My faith was restored.
Boogie on, T-Bone.
-{lkr}
Friday, June 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
HAHAHA!!! ooohhh...hehehe! you guys are humorous. there are so many things to comment on...you like rap? and AWW i love when Grace boogies! and your dial-up...you poor dear. and who in the heck were you listening to the first time? i've never heard of the real or the fake t-bone. and WHY do rappers pick names like t-bone, lil bow-wow, snoop dogg, etc.??? they have a thing with dogs. anywho...MISS Y'ALL! have a great weekend in manton.
-erin
Erin,
We like rap and a t-bone comes from a cow. I think. You are funny.
--
Luke
love the story! have a great time in the northlands!
Boy, I thought you guys were saved. I guess you can't have anymore coffee. Hope Manton was a good one! Would have loved to see your family with you. Missing my girls too! At least we can use the internet now - Dad fixed my "stone-aged piece of junk." Love you guys. Give the kids a hug from me.
Oh goodness it's been a long time... all I have to say is tons happens in very little time and when you go to camp with junior high girls for 2 weeks in a row, you realize T-Bone is pretty cool. ;) I am sure I have heard the song... whatever one it is you were looking for, within the past 24 hrs. Good times! Boogie on Rumleys!
:) You're great.
I wanna see Grace boogie sometime!
Luke has a point, I guess t-bones don't really come from dogs. And how do you explain the rapper Q-Tip??
-Betsey
q-tip is the nonconformist rapper. along with ice cube. and HEY, i soooo knew t-bones didn't come from cows.
-erin
You mean dogs?
--
Luke
Post a Comment