Monday, May 05, 2008

Family weekend

This past weekend was a flurry of activity, but also a lot of fun! Luke, my bro-in-law Karl, and some other men from our church (and churches all over Michigan) went to a men's retreat at Lake Ann Camp. So, while they were gone, my whole family came down here to visit.

My parents and Alonna were so kind to stay with the four kids while Melissa, Ava, and I went garage saling on Friday. And M even took me out to Olive Garden for lunch - a WONDERFUL treat! (I love that restaurant and rarely get to go.) It was a great day with my sister! You know, when we were growing up, we fought like crazy. She's 3-1/2 years older than me, so we were just far enough apart in age for us to not "get" each other at all. My mom used to tell us what great friends we'd be when we grew up, and I never really believed her. But she was right! (Good call, Mom!) I'm so thankful for the friendship I can have with Melissa now!

And we spent the rest of the weekend eating, hanging out, and doing a little more garage saling with Alonna and my dad.

Lest I leave Alonna out of the discussion...I left home for college when she was six years old, so we didn't really grow up together. But it's been fun to see her mature and grow into a godly young woman. She's fourteen now, and it's crazy to think that she'll be out of high school and in college in no time at all! (That makes me feel OLD!)

And here are just a couple of pictures that we took this weekend. (I must be in the mood for black and white. Sorry if you were hoping for some color!)

The kids - from left: Karl(3), Emma(19mths), Caleb(2), Ava(6mths), Grace(3).


Sisters! Left to right - Melissa (the oldest), Alonna (the youngest), and me (the middle!).

7 comments:

Adminswife said...

Such cuties (older girls too). Boy, is Melissa and Alonna's hair long. Glad all got to visit with you. How fun! Can't wait until graduation and getting together in T.H. See you soon!

Nate and Michelle said...

Look at those cute cousins... way too much fun happening in Michigan. As always... i love reading your updates.

Tobin and Erin said...

fun weekend! except i kinda hate garage sale-ing. but i bet you all had fun! :) and those kiddos get cuter every time i see them.

i'm so glad i have my sisters, too. it's nice to hang out with someone that you don't have to break the ice with, you know? love you all and see you SOON!

Andrea said...

My sister and I didn't get each other either until I went to college. Then it was like this switch came on and we were able to form a friendship beyond being "just sisters." What a fun weekend you got to have!

Emily said...

I must agree, Lacey. I love my sisters so much, and we get along a whole lot better now that we are "grown up!" Speaking of which, I CAN'T WAIT to get to see ALL of my sister in just 3 days!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lacey! We haven't been so good at e-mailing lately, so I thought I'd leave a comment. Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm glad your family got the chance to go visit you. The pictures are great. I do see your sister's kids in church, but I miss out on seeing yours. :( So thanks for being so good at updating your blog. I really hope to see you soon. We still have that weekend open in July, but that seems like so far away. We'll have to think of something.

Love ya!
Jana

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Lacey! Yeah, aren't sisters the best? I'm so glad I have the sisters that I do. Frequently I find myself in situations where I wish my sisters were around; as wonderful as my friends and my boyfriend are, sometimes I still find myself missing my sisters.

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

Love you,
Betsey