What a waste of time!!! I've been online (dial-up!) for an hour and a half, trying to print some stupid coupons. Apparently, it's not going to happen. I really want to print these coupons for Colgate so that I can go to Walgreens tonight and get myself a free tube of toothpaste...
I've been reading this blog lately, and it is so useful and practical. There are many tips and tricks for serious "couponing." The people that actually do this stuff get most (all? some?) of their toiletries for free! They shop a lot at CVS / Walgreens / Rite Aid...My friend Larissa does this. I actually found out about it from reading her blog. She got 8 packages of diapers for $3 out of pocket at CVS. I want to learn to shop like that!!!
So, here is my plea. Family, friends, strangers...If you get the paper and don't use the coupon inserts, can I please, please, pretty please have yours? We just started getting the Press, and I am going to start gathering my coupons and ease my way into the super-savings. I would love your help! I'm excited about it, but also not too confident in myself yet. So don't make fun of me if it doesn't work for us.
And, I should say, an hour and a half is completely unacceptable for me! I just used up the kids' whole naptime (almost) and didn't even get one coupon to print! Not to mention that we've been so BUSY lately! Last week was insane, and this one's not too much better...Here's a synopsis of our days...
Last Monday, Bob (our cement guy) was here all day prepping for our flatwork. I had to wrangle the kids all day - but they LOVED watching him work.
Tuesday, Bob and a couple of other guys poured and finished the cement. Caleb LOVED the cement truck! And we all LOVE the sidewalk and two cement patios we now have! We also had a last-minute showing that night.
Wednesday was an afternoon doctor appointment, WalMart trip (thanks, Shannon, for coming with us!), and church.
Thursday was another last-minute showing, and my mom came down to stay with Grace during Caleb's surgery.
Friday was Caleb's surgery.
Saturday the entire Rumley clan was here. (We had a great time!)
Sunday was church, out to eat for Mother's Day, home, and back to church for a congregational meeting.
Yesterday was another last-minute showing.
And tonight we have a showing at 7:00pm.
WOW! I'm tired just typing all that.
So, I'd better go, now that I've been online for SO long!!! Pray for our house to sell if you think of it!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hey Lace,
I'm kind of a freak when it comes to shopping ads and deals (not that much into coupons yet, they haven't proven their worth to me, we'll see). Check out these two helpful websites out:
www.coolsavings.com
www.couponcart.com
Much love-
CHAELI (I remembered to sign my name!! makin' progress. . . )
I always found that I spent more on the item using a coupon. It was cheaper to buy the other brand without the coupon. So, be careful of that!
I also can't print coupons from our sales ads either. It says you can, but I can't figure out how. So, can't help you there.
We don't get the paper, but we do get coupons in the mail periodically. I will save them for you. We do most of our shopping at Aldi, and they don't accept coupons.
Praying for your house to sell. Things look like they are going up in Michigan - that is a good sign.
We enjoyed our Saturday with you as well. It was a good relaxing time. Thanks for being the host!
A girl I work with just started a coupon swap with me and another woman we work with. We will see if these coupons prove their worth. I also don't get the paper so I'm not sure I'm going to be much help for the "swap" part!
I'm praying for your house to sell!
Hey the coupon thing has proven to work for our family we save up to $80.00 sometimes going to the store! And i loved the wal-mart trip it wasn't that bad and the kids hadnt even had naps!!! But yeah anytime all ya gotta do is call! Love you much see/talk to you soon!
Shannon
busy busy! how's little caleb doing? let me know how coupons work for you. i should probably find out if it's worth the effort for me and tobin to do as well.
i will pray about your house showings...hopefully one of them pays off really soon. your house is so beautiful!
I subscribe to something called grocery game (www.grocerygame.com) -- it has saved us tons of money! You do have to be careful to only use it for things you'll really use, but I've gotten grocery items for free, and I haven't paid for most toiletry items (especially shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste) since I signed up with it.
The idea of it is to stockpile, so once you've done that, you don't use it as much -- we're moving next week, and I just packed a big tub full of all the shampoos and conditioners I have -- I'll never pay for those items again:)
~ Cara (a fellow CU alum)
yeah jayfersgirl!!! i dont know who you are but "the grocery game" is what saves my families money!!!!
I have also hear that the grocery game is the way to go, If you have the space to store the extras. I haven't tried it yet, but would LOVE too!!
Good Luck!
Erin
ok, it's Shannon's mom (can you tell that she really is a cheerleader)? We do thegrocerygame. Careful, though, it can almost be an addiction. I truly can't wait for Tuesday am to see what is on "the list" the downside is that I have no "naptime" to sit down and clip the coupons; or if I do get them clipped, then I actually have to make it to the store and be checked out by 11:59 pm on Sat (it's been REALLY CLOSE some weeks). Lace, if you stop in on Thursday, I'll show you how I track/store my coupons so that I'm not cutting things I'll never use. Did you call the press and get your subscription for $3.75/month? I average 60% savings/week on my bill. One time when first stocking up, my bill was $140, and my savings was $114! YOU still control how much you spend/week or month. I was so overstocked on toiletries that I had to suspend the Walgreens for awhile so I won't go! Check it out, it works for our family/4!
P.S. I do not download coupons unless they're from the GG site itself, it is too frustrating and time-consuming and GG tells you where the best coupons are found in your area. But, yes, please if you get Red Plum and SmartSource inserts in your paper, give them to Lacey (I'm sure she'll share with me)!:-D
Post a Comment