I always think that once we're back in High-speed Internet Land (i.e. the city), I'll blog all the time. With the way my life is right now, I'm not sure that's true! I feel like my days are passing me by before I have a chance to get everything done that I need to get done! Who has time for the Internet? (Obviously, I'm on the Internet right now, but the kids are all in bed, and Luke's not home from his deacons' meeting yet.)
So, here are the bullet points of our lives right now:
- Grace turned three on November 14. She's pretty much adorable. For her birthday dinner, she requested ham, Teddy Grahams, and blue mashed potatoes. Oh, yes, blue potatoes. It was pretty bizarre to eat those. They looked like frosting but tasted like potatoes, so it was very tricky to my senses. I have pictures that I'll post someday (maybe).
- Caleb is saying lots more words now...Please, thank you, Buddy, church...There are more, but I can't really think of them right now.
- Ava is 9 weeks old now. She's a great sleeper. She just had her 2-month check-up, and she weighs 12lb 15oz (95th percentile) and is 24-1/4 inches tall (off the charts). She's doing great!
- I don't have my Christmas shopping done. I don't have time to shop. I don't even want to shop with the three kids with me. When is Christmas? 13 days? I hope I get done!
- I want to contribute to our family income, but I'm not sure how that would work. One of Luke's cousins teaches piano lessons in her home, and another one sells things that she makes (like baby blankets). I'm not good at selling things to people. I don't have any marketable skills like piano-playing. I thought it would be fun to write children's books, but I can't imagine the slim chances of ever getting published anyway. I actually found a children's book I wrote and illustrated for my Children's Lit class in college. It's really cute. I must've been creative back when my brain still worked!
- Luke has a big meeting coming up next week with his 2 managers to discuss a possible promotion. He's amazing!
- Luke's sister Erin is getting married this coming February. Grace and Caleb are going to be the flower girl and ring bearer. They're going to be so adorable! (Not a biased opinion or anything!) Just don't tell them about it yet, because I'll have to hear unrelenting questions about it for the next 2-1/2 months!
- Our fourth anniversary is coming up. It's been a wonderful four years!
I'm getting tired and can't think of much more to say. I have some adorable pictures of the kids to post but don't have the energy to try to do it on dial-up tonight. Someday!
Good night everybody!
6 comments:
Thanks for the update.
You already do contribute to your family's income. Just check out what it would cost to pay for the services you provide. Then consider everything you do / are that money can't buy and you are contributing immensely to your family's income.
If you want to write a children's book write it. Who cares if it gets published?
You are SO creative - write that book. I'll buy it!
Wish we were closer - instant baby sitter - shopping without children - dinner with hubby and no children - getting your hair cut with no children - need I go on!
You never know unless you try... I have a dream of writing kids boosk too. I even have characters for some of them and one, actually 2 are written... who knows. Hope you are enjoying life and happy 4th anniversay!!!
if i become an editor i'll push your books. :) betcha dan and luke can start up a business and em can do our finances. yup. i think your dreams are cool, don't give up on them!
thanks for the update...and i love our site, by the way, it's nifty!
Hey, my boyfriend's a marketing major. And I practically earned a sales degree with cheerleading fundraisers in high school. So if you decide to publish that book, the sales would essentially already be taken care of.
Good to hear from you, Lace! You have no need to list excuses. You are an amazing mother of three children. I am single, childless, and don't even get my homework done on a consistent basis. And yet I still manage not to post often. Really, I just try to make the rest of the family look good with the whole blog-posting regularity. You're still getting an "A" in my book.
Hey, your kids are still young enough to not know the difference...you could really wait until early January to have "Christmas," buying you some extra time and also giving you an opportunity to cut costs with after-Christmas sales. Win-win-win, I think. :)
Love you guys!
-Betsey
aww, didn't mean to "put on the pressute"!!! i love the site, just showing your mad skills off to other ppl too. it puts the pressure on me, actually, cuz i gotta get you some bios and photos and stuff. :) thanks for all the work, it looks great!
Post a Comment