Friday, November 02, 2007

Tissue paper, church, and fallen leaves

Sorry it's been a little while since we've posted. Life is busy around here, besides the fact that the dial-up connection isn't great, and I can't get on the computer a whole lot. There are my excuses! : - )



Luke's coworkers were very generous and gave us some great gifts after Ava's birth, including a pink puppy just like Grace's lambie and Caleb's blue puppy! She sleeps on it in her crib...Anyway, included in these gifts was a whole LOT of tissue paper! The kids had so much fun playing in it. A friend visited while it was all over the place, and I believe she said, "It looks like your house barfed tissue paper!" This is Grace enjoying being buried by tissue paper.



And Caleb loved it, too! Doesn't he have the sweetest smile?



And this is a picture of Ava's first Sunday at church. She actually made it to two Wednesday night Family Nights before getting to go to Sunday church. (The first time she went was when she was just two days old!) Someone did refer to her as a boy, because her sweater was blue. Never mind the frilly dress! Phooey!



And here is the sweetest picture of our two daughters. It's a pretty clear picture of Ava - so you tell me, who does she look like? (I get asked this all the time, and I have no idea who she looks like!)



Last week sometime (I have no idea when, because I have basically no memory capacity right now. I can't even remember my name sometimes!)...Anyway, last week sometime we spent some time playing in the leaves. Fun!



Smile!



Baby Ava's first time in the leaves.



My boys playing catch. Caleb has a good arm! : - )


Life has been going well in the Rumley household. We're learning to be a family of five, and even surviving the necessary errands. I went to WalMart with the kids (without Luke) and it was great!(Knock on wood.)

Ava had a great night a couple of nights ago where she fed at 9:30pm, 3:30am, and 9:00am. It was glorious. It hasn't happened again yet, but I'm hoping it will soon!

New things in Grace's life...She can sing the whole alphabet song. And she likes to answer the phone. (Just ask Grandma Rumley. She's been on the other end of that a couple of times!)

Caleb is still trying to talk, but now he can say "baby" and "blue" and "ball" along with the old "mama" and "daddy." He must be stuck on the "b" sound.

Ava's awake and crying now, so that must be all for this post. Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke and lacey, what beautiful photos of your family! I think Ava looks more like Lacey than the other kids. I think the other two look SO MUCH like Luke, and Ava has Lacey's slender features.

Thanks again for sharing!
Hugs,
Erin

Shannon said...

I dont know who she looks like sometimes she looks like Grace and sometimes Caleb. But i think that Grace looks a lot like Alonna (which must mean she looks somwhat like you) but at the same time she has a lot of her dads features Caleb looks just like his daddy! Well see you at church tomorrow!

~ Shannon

Tim said...

Great update. New backgrounds for computer desktops!

Adminswife said...

Loved the pictures. Such pretty children. Such pretty smiles. Caleb looks like a little man instead of a little boy. He is losing his baby looks. Thanks for brightening our day!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Er...I was going to say Ava looks more Liabenow than Rumley, too. But only because the last two seem Rumley-ish to me, so it's about time to shake things up. I would really have to wait 'til Ava's a little older to make a judgment call on that one. But all your guys' children are beautiful!

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and tell what all you guys are up to. I don't even do that, and I'm SURE I'm not as busy as a mother of three!!! Thanks, Lace.

Love,
Betsey

Anonymous said...

Lace! I JUST got your comment on xanga about the spaghetti pie recipe! I'm sure I read it when you originally wrote it and it completely slipped my mind! I'll email you the recipe tomorrow. You'll have to let me know how it turns out!
Glad everyone seems to be adjusting GREAT!
Chaeli

Tobin and Erin said...

well buzz that wasn't me, cuz i think it's impossible to tell who babies look like at first. i loooved the pictures though and i can't wait to see little ava face to face. SOON! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Rumleys!!
You have a BEATIFUL family!! I have no idea who Ava looks like. Sorry I can't be any help. But I do think Grace looks like Lacey, and Caleb looks like Luke. Maybe she'll be more of a combination. I just can't wait to meet her! I really hope we can get together over Thanksgiving. I miss you!

Jana Mulder :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I spelled beautiful wrong!! Boy, who's the teacher??

Jana (again)