Then tomorrow, thankfully, we get to sleep in! We need it! Poor Luke has been working really hard lately, so he's pretty beat. We will hopefully not do a thing until the early evening...Then we're going out on a date (without the kids!) to celebrate our third anniversary! Three years already! WOW! (I guess that's good, since we have two kids, the latter of which is already 8 months old!) Our anniversary is technically next Wednesday, but we'll be spending that evening at AWANA. Not my idea of a date. So we moved the celebration to tomorrow. That'll be fun. Details later, again if I remember.
But the craziest, coolest thing will happen tomorrow around noon. My dad is going home! WOW! I don't know if he's fully ready, but the doctor is discharging him anyway. He's SO excited to go home and sleep in his own bed. (Currently he sleeps in an enclosure bed, which they zip him into at night, like being locked in a tent. He HATES it.) I am thankful beyond words that I will get to celebrate Christmas this year with my WHOLE family - Dad included. I've never been more thankful for his life. Praise God for His goodness!
-{lkr}
P.S. Does anyone want to take a Christmas picture of us? I need one. But I can't get my camera to work. And even if I could, I should probably be in the picture...What a pain. Oh, but don't expect a Christmas card in the mail from us - SORRY! We definitely won't get around to it this year. Hopefully next year. How about I just say "merry Christmas" on our blog? MERRY CHRISTMAS!
P.P.S. The picture - Grace found some stickers and got herself "Veggie-fied."
5 comments:
PRAISE GOD!!! Great news on your dad...so nice to have that for Christmas!
HAHAHA, yeah a family photo wouldn't quite cut it without you, Lace. 'Twould look like Luke was baching it. (pronounced "batching," in case my slang doesn't make sense to anyone else)
And, as always, Grace is ADORABLE. My heart enjoyed that picture. :)
Love you guys! Can't wait to see you!
-Betsey
Isn't God good?!? Even if you aren't sure the doctor knows what he's doing...God does!!! I'm sooo glad that your dad is coming home. What a blessing!
i LOVE that picture of grace!
Would you like Dan and I to come take the picture? We will!
What a Christmas present - or an anniversary present. BTW, Happy Anniversary - that is probably the only time I will remember (didn't I tell you I remember the first one and after that, you are on your own). Love you anyway! Your Dad is amazing and such an answer to prayer.
Awesome news about your dad. I would want to be home too. 3 yrs!!! WOW! You and Luke seem to have a wonderful life full of blessings... cute kids, loving family, and your backyard looks great! And by the way... I would have Nate come take your picture cause he is a photographer (not professional, but he's sooo good!), but I don't think we can make the long trip this year... maybe someday though! We aren't doing cards this year either... but i hope to have my thank you cards completed this week... we'll see.
HI, Lacey!
Happy Anniversary! What a cute picture of Grace. :)
And I'm so happy to hear that your dad is home in Manton! Praise the Lord!
I hope you have a very special Christmas!!
Post a Comment