I know it's been a long time. I apologize. I feel quite busy lately, and I also don't really have a lot to say. Let's see...
With my dad, each Wednesday the doctors and insurance company have a battle. Today's the day. We'll find out if Dad gets to stay at Mary Free Bed one more week, or if he has to be discharged. When the insurance company gives a final "no," they have 48 hours for him to leave. Right now it looks like he'll go to a nursing facility if that happens.
He's doing well, always improving. Praise the Lord for that! He seems to really be improving cognitively. He's not as confused when he's tired now, and he's been remembering the kids' names a lot better. The down side of being more aware is that he seems to be very aware of his limitations. He's been sad, and I asked why. He said it's because "life is hard" and "I can't do everything I used to do." He was a very capable man before, and now he's having to rely on others for all his needs. I can't imagine what it would be like to be "trapped" in your body - where you know you should be able to do things, but you still can't. So, please pray for continued improvement and some peace and JOY in his heart. Also pray for my mom as she's going to be making some big decisions in regard to his care.
In Rumley-ville, we're doing well. Caleb's about to sprout his third tooth (top right middle), and we're working on his ability to stand by himself (without holding onto anything). Grace is smart - she can say "1, 2, 3" and "A, B, C" now. She's learning to count and recite the alphabet. Not bad for barely-2, right? Luke took her sledding last night while I was at our church's Ladies' Christmas Tea. We have some super-cute pictures of her in her snowsuit, but I can't get them up here right now. (Luke, you wanna post one?)
Next on the agenda: HAIRCUT! I'm scheduled for a haircut on Friday evening, finally! It's probably been a good year since I got it cut. Yikes! I'm donating this mop to Locks of Love. I'll be sure to post before and after pictures. Anyone have suggestions for the new do? Ideas? Feel free to help. If you know me, you know I'm at least slightly cosmetically/aesthetically challenged. Thanks!
-{lkr}
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're so cute, Lacey. I love you! You are generous to share your hair - wanna give it to me - I always wanted straight hair. The kids are growing fast - anxious to see the pictures. We pray for your Dad every day - he is doing great! God is in control!
Lacey! How odd! I always let my hair get to "that point" and chop it off... WELL... I am growing it out and am considering doing locks of love myself... crazy! Go for simple layers that just kinda do their own cute thing... i never fix the hair either. Glad to hear all about your family and the blessings.
I'll keep praying for your dad. Thanks for the update.
Caleb's THIRD tooth?? Shoot, I didn't know about #1 and #2!!!
That's cool that you're donating to Locks of Love. If you want, you could google pics of celebrities who kind of have your hair. (Reese Witherspoon, Callista Flockhart, Catherine Zeta-Jones...they might have cute 'dos for short, straight hair) Just a suggestion! (I tried to get my hair cut like Ciara, who is BLACK, and it actually looks like it...but only when I straighten it. Shoot.)
Love,
Buzz
Oooh Meg Ryan might be a good one, too.
-Buzz
Post a Comment