Monday, November 13, 2006

Prayer Request

I received this prayer request through the grapevine, from my parents' church in Manton. It's doesn't involve anyone from that church; the man that sent the request is the son of a couple that used to go to the church. (Confused, anyone?) I'll just paste the email here, so you can read it and so I won't confuse anything. Please pray for this family!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"
This summer a five year old boy (Jade) & his 10 yr old sister (Katie) visited our Vacation Bible School with their babysitter. They absolutely loved coming to church & finally convinced their Mom about 6 weeks ago to start coming them (she started really liking it too!). Friday night Jade & Katie were with their 15 yr old aunt(Brittany) & 18 yr old friend of the family(Eric) were on their way to their Dad's for the weekend. The roads were bad because of the rain & snow & they got in an accident. Jade & the 15 yr old Aunt were both killed instantly. Katie & Eric are both in the hospital. The Dr's are planning to take Katie out of ICU tomorrow although with the spine injuries that she suffered, she'll still have to be monitored very closely. They also had to take part of her intestines due to seatbelt injuries & are keeping a monitor on her head from hitting the seat in front of her.

Please pray for all involved. Last night I visited Katie in the hospital & she was sedated. One of many prayers is that Eric & Katie would not have those horrific nightmares reminding them of the accident. Katie's Mom (Sarah) was at the hospital also trying to hold it together for Katie, but she is very new to the church. Please pray that she feel the comforting embrace of our Father & the love extended to her & her family through the church. Also for Sarah's Mom & Dad as they now lost a daughter, a grandson & have the devastating reality that another one is badly struggling in the hospital.

Brittany, I've been told, recently was baptized & gave her profession of faith PTL. Our youth pastor was with Eric last night as he went through some reconstructive surgery on his jaw. After the surgery was when they were going to tell him about the others being killed.

I know that God has complete control, but it is hard sometimes to understand that He has a plan to give a hope & a future. Please, also pray for our children's ministry & schools. Jade was in Katie's (our Katie) kindergarten class at church and school. He was a very excited little boy. And Katie (the 10 year old) is in Austin's grade & my small group class that I teach on Wed. nights....this hurts!!!!!

Our kids have taken this very well, way better than their Mom! But, I am nervous of how things will go tomorrow at school when their classmates find out for the first time & the school is full of guidance counselors."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know firsthand the power of prayer. Please pray for some miraculous happenings in the life of this family! And remember, no matter what, God is always good.

-{lkr}

1 comment:

Adminswife said...

I prayed! Miracles DO happen!