I am baffled. Why has my generation abandoned traditional values for liberal views? I'm not talking about the unbelieving portion of our generation. I'm talking about Christian people. The gospel has not changed, so why have they?
How can someone who professes to be a Christ-follower also be pro-choice? How can you know the God of love, who protects the innocent and forbids murder, and yet say it's okay to kill an innocent life? I know abortion is the never-ending debate, but I didn't expect it to be a debate amongst Christians.
I admit, I've never had an unwanted pregnancy. I have had two unexpected pregnancies, but I've never not wanted my children. That's a foreign concept to me. Even when Grace and Caleb are being awful, screaming, making messes...I've never said to myself, "I wish I would've had an abortion." Or even worse, "I wish I would've had an abortion, and if I had, God would've thought it was okay." That's such a sickening thought to me. Come to think of it, I've never met anyone who has children and regrets not aborting them.
What kind of God would I serve if He thought it was okay to kill babies, depending on the circumstances? Today I'm praising Him for His faithfulness, His love, and His justice. I'm thanking Him for the kids He's given me. And I'm especially thanking Him that He's the God of LIFE.
-{lkr}
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Right on.
i love you lacey. you are amazing.
You go girl! I thought the same thing when I read "her" blog. Whatever! I hope she was just trying to be the devil's advocate. Anyway - you are right on!
Well I post on Playtah's blog and she has a link to yours. I am happy to see that some sanity is still left in this country. How can anyone claim to have a relationship with Christ yet they support a party that supports the killings of innocent babies?
I am glad I read this today.
ANON1
I give a hearty, AMEN!!!! Good preachin' lacey!
(I'll be honest though...i don't know who we are talking about...i'm gonna try to find out now)
Post a Comment