Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Still waiting...

Well, this little one is now five days late. Grace was five days late. I wonder if this one will be even more stubborn than Grace? Goodness...

If I don't have the baby before then, I have another doctor appointment on Thursday. The doctor said we'll "negotiate" my induction then. He said they usually wait until ten days overdue, which would be next Sunday (five more days!). But then everyone I talk to keeps asking, "Oh, they'll induce you on a Sunday?" And I say, "I have no idea. I just figured, since that's ten days overdue." So, I guess I'll have to ask at my appointment, and let you know. If they won't induce on a weekend, maybe I can get him to do it on Friday instead of Monday. The sooner the better, I say.

But, that's all if the baby doesn't decide to come before that.

I did start having real-feeling contractions last night, pretty far apart. But then I went to bed (because it was late), and they stopped. I'm hoping they'll come back soon. I may lose my mind if something doesn't start happening soon.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That feels a little better.)

-{lkr}

5 comments:

Adminswife said...

I feel so bad for you, Lacey. Been there, done that - MANY times. Wish I could take your place or at least figure out a way to make the time fly faster. Maybe I should bring Z & E up for you to watch - that would send anyone into labor. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Time to get in the car and start driving over the bumpy roads and railroad tracks!!! Hope you and Luke and Grace are well!!!

Tobin and Erin said...

you never disappoint!! no worries. i hope this new one won't mind me meeting him or her a couple of weeks after the birth, though. i think i can make it up there over spring break, at least for a short visit. i don't want to mess up your plans for luke's birthday, though, so let me know when a good time to pop up is. love you! you're almost there.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I had no idea waiting for the baby to come was so difficult. I had always pictured labor as the hard part. Learn something new every day, I guess.

You're being prayed for, Lacey! I LOVE YOU!!!
-Betsey

Anonymous said...

well... you posted this yesterday so maybe there is a baby now (wed. night/early thurs am)... i'll keep checking to see when you have that new baby. And I have no clue when i will be able to come visit. If I quit my job... i could come anytime, but that's not the best thing to do. :)