Every time I call someone, they think I'm in labor. So, I always have to begin the conversation with, "No, it's not what you think..."
I'm a week overdue today. Stubborn child. I have a doctor appointment at 1:00. They'll check to see if I'm dilated more (I hope so!), and we'll talk about inducing. I think I'm going to BEG the doctor to induce me tomorrow. We'll see what he says. I truly could wait until Monday, but I keep thinking, Grace was only 5 days late and she was 9 lb 12 oz. Every day we wait, this baby keeps growing and growing. I don't know if I can birth a 10 or 11 lb baby! Help!
Last night was "family night" at church, which means AWANA and POD groups. (POD groups are basically small group Bible studies.) I'm usually a Cubbies helper (ages 3-4), but I took last night off and went to POD groups. (A perk of being 9+ months pregnant, I guess.) It was nice to be able to interact with adults and discuss the Bible. The study they're doing is on II Corinthians. Last night was chapter 5, but we spent most of the time talking about our current bodies in relation to our resurrection bodies, and also about heaven and earth. It was so intriguing! I feel like Revelations is so intimidating, so I don't really ever try to read and understand it. And I feel like because of that, I have a lot of questions about the end times and heaven and such. AND I feel like a lot of my knowledge of the end times is based on my reading of The Left Behind Series. Augh! I love that series, but it's probably not a good idea to base my knowledge of eschatology on a fictional series, huh?
So, I think it would be SO interesting to do a Bible study on the end times and heaven. One book that Pastor Jeff suggested (and I've heard recommended before) is Heaven is a Place on Earth by Michael Wittmer, who is a prof at CU's seminary. We have it in our church library, and I think I will read it.
Hey, I should do something productive. But don't worry, we'll let you know when this little squirt decides to greet the world!
-{lkr}
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Do something productive? You are nine months pregnant, you're doing something productive every second whether you do anything else or not.
Take it easy, put your feet up. You deserve it. We're praying for you.
agh! you can do it lacey. just a few more days; sooner or later gravity will take over, ya know. baby can't hide forever.
love you!
I am sure we need a phone call after the doctor's appointment today. With both my boys (emphasis on boy)they were late and not the largest of my children. So, maybe you have hope! You are a GREAT mother, wife and daughter-in-law. We love you. It won't be long! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
"Heaven Is A Place On Earth" is an incredible book! You NEED to read it!
our sunday school class is studying creation... you're group is studying end times... opposite ends (kind of). That was my thought... i am just grateful to continuously learn.
Post a Comment