It's hard not to be pessimistic about the house.
Things were going smoothly and looking like they'd stay on schedule (for once). Then BAM! I talked to our kitchen cabinet place and "oops" they never ordered our cabinets when they were supposed to place the order FOUR WEEKS AGO! So, now, instead of coming in today like they were supposed to, they won't come in for at least two weeks. And our trim guy was supposed to install them next week. WONDERFUL. Right now I'd like West Michigan Forest Products to disappear. Or give us a really big discount. That might make my feelings hurt less.
GRRR.
-{lkr}
Monday, December 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Isn't building a house so much fun? I would never want to do it. Your frustrations are just the reason I don't want to EVER build a house. We are anxious for Christmas break to be here. Can't wait until everyone is here again - Thanksgiving was so much fun. Don't forget the "day after Christmas" sales. I won't be joining you girls, but you can knock yourselves out! Love you guys, MOM
Aww, that's stupid! You should get a really huge discount. Dumb cabinet people. But...the house must be looking pretty good right now if you are ready for cabinets and trim! Wow! That went so fast. Maybe not on your end, haha, but from where I'm lookin' it seems to have flown by. You're doing a great job!
I'm soooo impressed by the work you've done, Lacey. Seriously, building a house yourself is amAZing. :) You're the coolest. Sorry the stupid cabinet people have got you bummed out. Just kick 'em next time. That's what I'd do. ;) Love you!!!
-Betsey
Unfortunately, what happened to you is par for the course. Here are some ways to make sure things you order are shipped on time:
1. Be unprepared to use what you ordered. This makes sure it arrives early. If you have no room for it, this will cause it to arrive even earlier.
2. Be unable to pay for what you ordered. This way it will arrive early and COD.
3. Order the wrong thing. It will arrive early, COD, and with a no return policy.
HAHAHA!!! Sorry, had to give a guffaw out for Dad's comment. Haha, snort, and wipe a tear from my eye!
Hey Luke and Lace.
Just curious: Are you going to teach Grace to believe in Hannakuh Harry who comes from Mt. Sinai for eight crazy nights to deliver a varied assortment of dreidels to all the little Jewish boys and girls??
-Betsey
It's only 103 days until the newbie arrives!! Wow, crazy!!!
Post a Comment