Monday, November 07, 2005

Two years!

We're coming up on our 2-year anniversary - December 20! In some ways I still feel like a newlywed, but then I realize...In those two years, we have gotten married, gotten pregnant, had a baby, lived in three apartments, gotten pregnant again, and partially built a house. WHEW! We never get bored, that's for sure!

Grace's first birthday is just one week away! I can't believe what a "big girl" she's become. She's walking and trying to talk, and she says "please" in sign language (she sorta changed the real sign into her own version, but it's good enough for us!). I'm weaning her now, and it's bittersweet for me. I'm getting my body back (until baby #2 arrives), but I also won't have my little girl needing me for sustenance anymore. My baby's growing up!

Can't wait to see everybody this weekend for the big birthday party!

-{lkr}

12 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

Wow, so much has happened with you two! Craziness. You have moved a lot. Hopefully when that house is built you can stick around in one place for a while. Oh boy, it is most certainly bedtime...sleep will feel soooo good! Take care and get lots of rest because its great!

Anonymous said...

Two years - whoa! Two babies - whoa! Three homes - whoa! It has been a good time though! We love every minute of it! Keep up the good work - YOU CAN DO IT! MOM

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love you guys. If you feel like moving again, I could hook you up with a dorm room. ;) Grace would be pretty much the coolest mascot ever. But then you're probably a little partial to that house of yours...Can't wait to see you guys!!!

-Betsey

Anonymous said...

What you guys have done in less than two years is pretty much insane, but I do admire you. Here own version of the please sign? Do you mean sticking her tongue out?

Lacey Rumley said...

Haha - No, Grace knows how to do the actual sign (or pretty close) for please now. Here is what it should look like, but Grace basically rubs her hand back and forth on her belly, chest, leg, high-chair tray, or whatever is available.

--
Luke

Lacey Rumley said...

This is the real sign.

Grace actually finally caught on to it and she sorta rubs her belly. I think it's rather appropriate, since she's always saying "please" for food. :-)

Lacey Rumley said...

Jinx.

-Lacey

Lacey Rumley said...

How did that happen?

--
Luke

Tobin and Erin said...

LOL!! Funny guys.

Anonymous said...

what's your new address???

erin morgan

Tobin and Erin said...

The counter says five more days!!!

Congrats to my ohsobig niece!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You BOTH put links on your blog? And I can barely leave comments....

haha, love you!
Betsey