Welp, the front door is pretty, but it's not exactly what we were expecting, so now I have to try to get it changed. What a pain! I can't imagine being a contractor for a living - what a headache! I swear I'm going to get an ulcer from building this house. I can't wait for it to be done. I hope January comes quickly!
On a happier note, The Siding Guys started today. Yep, that's really the name of their business. Creative, huh? Anyway, we have a pretty prairie-brown color of siding. I was going to link to it on the manufacturer's site, but their rendering doesn't look like the real color at all. SO, you can imagine a nice, somewhat-dark brown color. A shade darker than the stone clay color that everyone seems to have these days. OR you can just come see it soon. That'll work, too. Oh, and I'm sure we'll post a picture soon, probably when they have the front of the house done.
Today Grace caught a fly. She's like the karate kid! The little bugger was standing on the windowsill in the living room of the new house, and she was trying grab it. Well, she did. I was afraid she was going to eat it (mmm, protein), so I made her let go of it. Poor, disabled, little fly.
-{lkr}
Friday, October 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wouldn't take on contracting anything these days - I have enough trouble getting through a normal day - if there is such a thing other than a setting on a dryer. Anyway, love the pictures and can't wait for more of them to come our way. Love you guys, MOM
Holy cow, catching flies at less than a year old...I can't even do that!
Love you guys! Beautiful house is almost done!
Great job on the progress! The door is par for the course. I've never known anyone that did not have to have something redone while building.
I love the picture of you and Grace!
As for the color of the siding, every computer renders colors a little differently, so even your own picture may be somewhat misleading. I guess we'll see it on the 12th.
I think I'd like to see this door in person. It'd be nice if you three were there, too.
Your daughter's pretty much incredible. I have her in a photo frame now; she's not just laying on my desk anymore!
Love you!
-Betsey
FYI, it always takes me at least two tries to properly type in those random letter codes. Stab a pen in my eye.
Hahaha, I'm glad Grace has skipped right to talking in full sentences...and about me, which is grand. :)
Love you northerners! Heh heh, that makes you sound kinda like a hurricane or something. See y'all later.
Post a Comment