Things are getting better. Last week was a very hard week with house stuff, and there's still some stuff that needs to be straightened out. But "the straw that broke the contractor's back" has been taken care of, which is a good thing.
Our gutters and downspouts will be put up this Tuesday, November 1. (That's my mom's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!) And then the outside will be complete, for now. (Sidewalks, asphalt, and deck come later.) Sadly, the inside takes forever. Electrical is what Luke and our friend Rusty are working on now, and it will be done by November 12.
We are SO tired from helping with a wedding this week. Matt and Stacy Jenkins are married now - yay! I'm really excited for them. They're a very quality couple...They love the Lord and each other with all their hearts. It's always exciting to see a couple get married that you know will truly be committed to God and each other...Anyway, I was the personal bridal attendant, which translates into "gopher." It was a lot of running, but I felt very useful. And then Luke was the MC at the reception, and RISEN performed, too. All in all, I thought the wedding and reception went really well, despite some complications of the week. (The maid of honor/sister of the bride got a really bad infection this week called infantigo and her face was really red and swollen, and then Stacy, the bride, got pink eye. The maid of honor's swelling went away, and she was able to cover the redness with makeup. And Stacy's pink eye was pretty much gone by yesterday. And THEN, Stacy's dad was the one actually doing the ceremony, and he's very allergic to lilies. Well, the florist did not know this and accented all the floral arrangements on the stage with beautiful white lilies. The poor guy had to take some good allergy medication before the wedding so he wouldn't have nasty allergies while he was trying to say "For better or worse..." Anyway, it was crazy, but it all worked out.)
Whew, weddings are hard work. I always thought it would be fun to be a wedding planner, but after yesterday, I've changed my mind.
Update: Grace can walk across the room, and she has eight teeth. Her birthday party is in two weeks! Can't wait to see you then!
-{lkr}
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HOLY COW!!! Yay for Grace! She's such a big kid!
Wounds like the house is coming along. You are working hard and it's looking great! To those of us who don't see the struggles, you'd never know anything was going wrong!
Wow, wedding complications! Don't think I'm ready for that yet...unless it's for a certain older sister o' mine.
Take care, missing you guys as always, love you all! See you in just a couple of weeks!
Congratulations, Matt and Stacey! I'm assuming these are the people who caught the bouquet and garter at the wedding??
Congratulations, Grace! I swear, that kid's gonna be married before I see her next...
Your house looks amazing! Way to go with all the stressful plans, guys, keep it up!!! :)
-Aunt Betsey
Betsey, you have an amazing memory. You're right - Matt and Stacy caught the garter and bouquet at the wedding. (Almost two years ago, and you still remember!) They were also our guest book attendants.
HI, Lacey! I just saw your blog on your website and enjoyed reading through some of the entries! And I LOVE all the pictures! CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant again! Wow! That is so exciting!!!!!
And your house looks amazing! Did your dad help you build it?
Take care!
Love,
Rachel (and Matt) Sawatzky
But I can drink aomething from anyone else?? Thanks!!
:D
Post a Comment