Friday, July 01, 2005

As for me and my house...

Wow! Our meeting yesterday was LONG, about 3-3/4 hours. It made our heads hurt. Thankfully, Grace was with the Burrs (our pastor's family), so we didn't have to entertain her the whole time. (Thanks for being willing to come up to watch her, Mom Rumley. Maybe next time!)

The meeting went well. We made decisions about our entire house, from the type of floor joists to the pattern of doors. Lots of people know that we're not really good decision-makers. Or, at least, we're not fast decision-makers. Anyway, it went well, and UBI will send out bids for us on Tuesday or Wednesday. Our next meeting is July 21 to find out the quoted costs of everything. Until then, we have plenty to do! We have to make appointments and visit almost 20 different businesses to pick out specific windows, flooring, siding, etc! And all in the next couple of weeks! Yikes! We got our first appointment finished today, though, with a window company.

Not only do we have all that house stuff to do, but we also have to pack to move to our new apartment! We've barely begun to pack, and we're moving in one week. Yikes again! I think we're going to be busy bees this month.

Aren't these pictures of Graceful cute? In one, she's reading her favorite book (Five Litte Monkeys Jumping on the Bed). I tell ya, a 7-month-old reading a book? What a smarty! Then, in the other one, I just thought she was pretty dang cute in her sunhat! That's all! Just wanted you all to see my precious daughter!

Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend.

-{lkr}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being able to make decisions! LIfe is hard sometimes. You're welcome (would watch Grace anytime, anywhere). We are hitting garage sales this morning. Yesterday, Z, E & I hit garages sales for Elyse's clothes. Got $5 worth of GREAT stuff for her. When we got home, there were two bags of clothes on the porch from Mrs. Ramos (PCS's custodian). Now Elyse has 25 shirts, three dresses, several pants and shorts, outfits, etc. Yikes! God is good! Why do we worry - HE always provides! See you Friday. We will stay with the Anderson's. The trailer might not work - it is rusted through in two places. Dad is going to see if it is fixable. Will let you know. We still have the van though - it can hold everything you own, just not all at once. It will even hold your couch. MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh, my baby is getting so big!! She's gorgeous, that's for sure.

I am SO excited for you about the house. I know you will be busy, but what fun to pick out everything you want for your own home! I hope everything goes well and smoothly for you. Can't wait to see y'all again. Love you bunches (of oats!!)

Erin

Anonymous said...

Dad & Jay are working on the trailer. We will let you know as soon as we know whether or not it can be used for moving. Dad thinks we can rent a trailer, pulled by our van, if this trailer here won't work.

Anonymous said...

What kind of a Gma am I? I forgot to mention that we LOVE the pictures of Grace. We love that she loves books. What a cutie! Can't wait to see all of you this weekend. Even if we will be working instead of visiting. Love you all!