Monday was vacation day, and we enjoyed a day at the park with the Rumley clan. SO fun. Big families are a riot. I'm so glad Grace will get to grow up with so many family members to love her. Anyway, Luke and I (the pasty white ones) both got a little sunburnt. But it felt nice, like summer's finally here.
Then Tuesday was great. Grace and I went to our first "Park Pals." It's basically the summer session of our young moms group at church. Instead of meeting at church, we meet at a park and the kids play. Well, the other kids play. Grace and her friend Noah just sit there, look at each other, and steal each other's toys. But it's still fun to be outside and fellowshipping with other women.
Later that day, we had our first UBuildIt consultant meeting! (Hence, the nails.) We met Dave (the consultant) out on our land and talked about the land and the house and the budget...It sounded pretty hopeful. He's going to take all the information we gave him and pull together some numbers for us. So, hopefully we'll meet again sometime next week. We're excited that something's finally happening on this house! Yay!
And THEN, today, Grace cut her second tooth! Grace and I were lying down, and I happened to look in her mouth, and there was another little tooth poking through her gums! So now she has her bottom two teeth! What a cutie! And she didn't do too badly with it, either. She has been a little fussy recently, especially yesterday, but nothing to call home about. And she only woke up once last night, and I think it was around 5:30 or 6:00 am. Not bad! So, anyway, our little girl is growing up!Hope everyone else is doing well. It's SO warm here. (Or at least it was yesterday, and it's supposed to be today.) Too bad the pool's not open until next week. I'm roasting!
We'll see you Rumleys tomorrow for Betsey's graduation! I'm so proud of that girl! Valedictorian = smarty pants! :-)
Have a great day cleaning out your locker and writing your speech, Buzz.
-{lkr}
1 comment:
Love your new pictures! Congratulations to Grace! Congratulations on the progress of your house. See you all tomorrow. MOM
Post a Comment