Remember that one time I was at a Pampered Chef party, talking about how eating garlic makes Grace scream (because I nurse), and I'm sitting there eating these cool dipping sauces? Well, does the Pampered Chef lady bother to tell me that every single sauce she has out contains garlic?! NO! So Grace is fussy already anyways, and I get her home and she'll hardly eat anything before bed. And then comes the fun part...
Luke and I got to bed around 11 or 11:30. Grace gets up (for the first time) just before 2am. I put her pacifier in and fall back into bed. Then, she gets up again FOUR more times by the time it's 4:30am. Finally, she's in her crib screaming and not wanting to sleep. She has a stuffy nose and probably an upset tummy, and I just decide to pick her up. So, I suck the boogers out of her nose (which also makes her scream) and end up nursing her. But does that make her go to sleep? NO! She decides it's playtime, at 5 in the morning! This doesn't make mommy or daddy happy. So I make a makeshift bed on the floor in her room (something I NEVER wanted to do, and never want to do again), put her in her bouncy seat (the angle would help with the stuffy nose thing), and try to get her to sleep. Does she? NO. Luke gets up with her a few times. I get up with her again. FINALLY she falls asleep. I have no idea what time it was. But she must've gotten up again between 6 and 7am, because Luke took care of her until he had to leave for work just before 8am. (He's an amazing husband, by the way.) So, I nurse again and eventually put her back in her crib, and she screams. So I feed her some cereal and put her in her crib, and she screams. So I put her in her bouncy seat while I shower, and she screams. Finally, I put her in her crib again, and she screams and FINALLY falls asleep. That's where she is now. I hope she stays there for a while, 'cause I can't take much more of this. I'll have to make my amazing husband come home from work to watch her while I go away. Anywhere, just away from the screaming.
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
: - (
Welcome to my world! Children are such blessings (not the word you were thinking of at the moment). It might be the garlic - it might be teeth. It might be she just wants to change her routine and sleeping through the night isn't in her plans (been there, done that six times over). Hang in there! We love you and you are doing a great job! If you want us to visit, let us know - we can watch her while you sleep or escape, whichever you decide. Love you! YOU CAN DO IT!
Aww poor Lacey! Wow, she really doesn't like garlic, huh? I wish I could help you out. It's gotta be rough (unlike Mom, I don't really know what it's like). Just so you know, which you probably already do, you've gots lots of family who would love to help you out (although I know you'd probably rather do it yourself) - just when you need a break. AND, I can call from the Haute and sing lullabies ANYtime you want. Might make her cry more, but hey, that's the offer. Ok, you take it easy now and GET OUT OF THAT HOUSE. Love you!
Post a Comment