...from some busy days...It all started Saturday. We started out by going to C-stone graduation in the morning, which was nice. We got to see lots of friends graduate. Then, we went to an open house for Stacy, a good friend. We ate and ran, because we had to make the trek to Detroit (well, Mt. Clemens) for a wedding...It was Luke's cousin and now-wife, who are super nice. Anyway, after the wedding, we drove all the way back home and didn't get to bed until midnight-ish.
Sunday morning, Luke had to be at church early to play music. So I stayed home to get myself and Grace ready. I was ready to leave when I couldn't find my keys, so Jana had to come and pick me up for church. She was at church with us, then we went out to lunch and came back home to chat. It was SO good to catch up after her 2 months in Vienna...That night, we went to night church.
Monday morning, I had brunch with the Young Moms' group. Then I had to clean house for Luke's men's Bible study that night.
This morning, I got up and had a shopping spree with Sheri (our pastor's wife). We took Grace and three of her kids - Abby, Lydia, and Noah - to Holland Outlet Center. It was so nice to have some quality "girl time" with another mom and someone I really respect. I got a few things at the Carter's outlet, and some summer clothes at the Gap outlet. We had a great time.
But NOW we're tired! It's been a long four days. I'm happy that tomorrow is completely free until evening POD groups. I'll pray that Grace will let me sleep in. (It would be a miracle!)
Looking ahead, we'll spend this coming weekend in Manton with my family, then next weekend in Indiana for Betsey's musical. In the beginning of June, we'll be in Indiana a couple more times for Betsey's graduation and open house. She's the valedictorian. (Valedictorian = smarty pants) We're very proud of that girl. She'll be at Grace College in Indiana in the fall, which sounds like a good school, but it's also too far away! Why can't all of our family members just live in GR? I think it would solve so many traveling problems. Plus, it would save on gas. I wonder if our families would mind moving here? There are plenty of colleges in the area, that's for sure.
Okay, not a related topic at all, but "the pretty sister" is going to dress in Star Wars garb and go to the midnight premier of Episode 3? I can see attending the movie, but c'mon Erin, a costume? That's almost as bad as going to a convention! :-)
Welp, gotta go. It's late, and Grace is sleeping. Time for us to do the same!
{lkr}
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Liked the informative blog.
Woot, stand up SW geeks! Haha, it's going to be so much fun! It will be so good to just let go for a day and not care what anyone thinks.
Luv ya, be careful while you travel all over the world! And give that kid a hug for me.
Yeah, I'm tagging along on the midnight Star Wars romp. Jori's making me a handmaiden's robe, so I'm not an official geek, just a wannabe. Sorry I didn't pick a more convenient college. Grace is WAAAAY smaller than I thought it was, so who knows? Maybe I'll transfer to C-stone. And if it makes you feel any better, in my opinion, you all are worth your weight in gas money. Love ya!
Betsey
Post a Comment