Who would believe it that our sister Betsey is almost a graduate of high school? I swear it was just yesterday that I met her, and she was only, what, fourteen? And now look at her! She's a beautiful girl who is going to college soon...But first, she's singing in the musical, which is this weekend! We're excited to come see her and the rest of the fam (that's Mom-Dad-Emily-Erin-Zach-Elyse-and-maybe-Dano). I'll admit it, I'm not too excited for all the driving coming up in the next month, but I'm excited to be there for the musical, graduation, and open house. Ooh, and her valedictory speech! Those always make me tear up a little bit. I'm so proud!
On the home front, Grace is SO big! She had her 6-month check-up this week. She's 16-1/2 pounds and 27 inches long. The weight is only like the 60th percentile (down from the 85th?), but the height is still up there (90th percentile). I think she's taking after her daddy - tall and thin. Man, I wish I had those genes!
She had four shots in her little legs at the doctor appointment, and she did SO well! She screamed while the nurse (note: ONE nurse, so ONE shot at a time; YUCK) gave the shots. But then, afterward she just looked at us. I think it made me want to cry more than her this time! Wow! And, even better, we had her 6-month pictures taken that night, and she was an angel! She smiled and played with us, and I think the pictures will turn out great. Can't wait to get them back! (Hopefully in a week or two.)
She's finally starting to have giggle attacks, which are SO fun. The other night, in the tub, I dropped a one of her toys in the water and it splashed, and she just cracked up. It is the most beautiful sound in the world to me. I just wish she would do it more often!
Well, we're leaving in an hour and a half (maybe) to come to Indiana, so I must go! I need to clean, pack, make dinner, pack, feed Grace, and pack. Haha, maybe not in that order...We'll see you all SOON!
(Betsey, "break a leg" tonight! Sorry we can't make it to both! Love you!)
-{lkr}
Friday, May 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was great to see you guys! I hope Grace is feeling better. Her routine really got messed up. I'll see you guys at Betsey's graduation. Take care and drive safely as you drive all over the place the next few weekends.
Post a Comment