Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No camera yet!

Well, I had to go to an eye doctor appointment this morning, and I missed the FedEx guy. In fact, I think I passed him on the road. Too bad I didn't have time to turn around and come back. I'm excited to get the camera! My kids' faces haven't seen a camera flash in so long! :-) He'll be coming back tomorrow, though, and I will be happily snapping away soon enough.

My CVS trip today didn't go as planned, and I experienced my first bout of frustration with them...I actually visited three CVS stores before coming up with some of what I wanted. And I spent a little more than I wanted, too...The first store didn't have a good selection of cereals. So, I went to the second store up the road. I decided just to get what they had, and when I got to the register, the lady behind the counter wouldn't take both my $4/$20 and $3/$15 coupons. She was nice, but firm. So, I politely told her I would just go to the store that I knew would accept both. So, I did. I ended up at the store I went to last week, and they had a better selection of cereals anyway. (And they took all my coupons.) Sadly, they didn't have all the right cereals to match my coupons, so I ended up spending more than I wanted. Here's what I got: 1 Lucky Charms, 1 Cheerios, 2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch, 2 Fiber One (don't tell Luke - he hates that stuff), 1 package of Kotex pads, 1 Dove shampoo, and 1 Dove conditioner. After coupons and my $10 EBC, I spent $2.39. I got back another $10 EBC. So, it pretty much cost $2.39 to get all that stuff. Not bad! ($.05 would have been better, though.) And now I know to go to the store I know I like, and to go as soon after they unload their shipments as possible. (All the "free" toothbrushes were out of stock again, etc.)

After our CVS trip(s), the kids and I visited our friends the Sheridans. Today was the last day of school for Shannon and Shane, and the family will leave for Hawaii on Thursday. (Not fair, right?) So, we wanted to see them before they left. They are such sweet kids, and I'm beginning to feel like their older sister. Shannon is Alonna's age, so I guess that works!

Now, the kids are down, and I desperately need to work on our meal menu for the month. I've really been slacking, because I feel like I've been making all the same things over and over again the past few months. Does anyone have any yummy new recipes to share? (Emily? You're always cooking new things!) Please give me some inspiration!

Side note: Base Camp curriculum is done! YAY!!! Now, I'm absolutely feeling a burden to pray for this ministry. For some reason it's become increasingly clear to me lately that no matter how cool our program is, or how great the curriculum is, or whatever - none of that matters if God doesn't bless it. So, if you think of it, please be in prayer that God will prepare the hearts of the kids that will come, and that he'll move powerfully through Base Camp this summer. Oh, and if you were curious, it is going to be pretty daRn cool! :-)

That's all for now. Have a great evening enjoying the SUNSHINE!

4 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

our recent "favorite" has been the fantastic recipe, "whatever's in the cupboard/fridge". sometimes it's a pound of ground venison, mixed with eggs. sometimes it's lettuce with lunchmeat and ranch. sometimes it's crackers with pepperoni. sooometimes...it's ice cream. so. i would try that for a while, til it gets old. hehehe. you guys sound like you are doing well. you're certainly a bargain shopper! love you all.

Shannon said...

i've been starting to think you are the older sis i never had and your kids are the best...i had fun today even with the very unplesent spider! I will call and send pics! Talk to ya soon!

Andrea said...

If you don't already get it, sign up for the Kraft Food and Family magazine (it's free!) They have great recipes that are easy and fast to make (and cheap!) I make a lot of meals from them and they're always a hit with Tim and Noah. Oh, the best was a recipe from this last one, email me and let me know if you want it.

The Buskards said...

Hey, just thought I would thank you for mentioning the money saving mom website! I can't believe I had never figured out the cvs thing before. I walked out with a cart full of items the other day for $.54. I was thrilled! Hope you have a great weekend!