Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy 27th, Luke!

Can you tell Luke was getting frustrated with me taking too many pictures of him? He makes a pretty convincing mad face, huh? : - )

Yesterday was the big day. We actually didn't do anything very out-of-the-ordinary. We had a yummy dinner, ice cream sandwiches, and gave him presents (a brown shirt and two CDs - seen in this picture).


We also took a walk after dinner. I took this picture on the way back to the house. Isn't this boy just a sweetheart?


And here's me with my sweetheart. Yes, I look tired. It was a long, busy day! But this is us, nonetheless! I think it's a great picture of Luke. Grace actually took the picture...good job, little photographer!


I hate to say it, but I actually got a better present on Luke's birthday than he did! He bought me a new laptop! YAY! I'm SO excited! Now I can get online and work on Base Camp without the computer crashing on me...Thanks, honey! You can see the specs here. (I knew what was in the box. I just made this happy/surprised face because Grace wanted to take my picture.)

By the way, the dentist finished my root canal today. Yay; it's done! Now I just need to get the crown done sometime. And my sweet friend Kathy watched the kids for me with very little notice. I'm so thankful for her and our church family; they take such great care of us!

Oh, and maybe my stupidity will brighten your day....I tried to back out of the garage on the way to my dentist appointment, not realizing that I'd left the garage door partially down. Just enough to scrape along the top of the van and get a tiny bit bent up. Lovely, huh? For some reason, the kids thought the loud noise it made was hilARious. OH, kids.

: - )

5 comments:

Erin Morgan said...

Congrats on the computer and Happy Birthday, Luke! Lacey, don't worry - Ken makes the same face at me when I want to take his picture, or when I say "look this way" :)

Nate and Michelle said...

That is kind of funny... if I had 3 kids right now, I would be driving THROUGH my garage door and wondering what I did wrong. :) Seems like you are doing great to me! I bet Luke is thinking he is a pretty successful 27 year old. Maybe he'll get to retire early since he's working so hard these days. Happy birthday Luke! Enjoy the new computer Lacey!

Adminswife said...

I'd have to say I have SIX children and I never hit the garage door OR driven through it. Of course, this is the first house that had a garage door. You are funny Lacey. Too bad it happened BEFORE you sold the house. Hopefully, no one will notice!

Caleb, you are a cutie! Love the picture. You always smile, never a dull moment with you around.

Grace, you are an amazing photographer. You need my camera since we can't remember to ever take it out and take pictures.

Ava, where are you?

Anonymous said...

Yay! you got a new computer!
I'm excited to see more updates now :)
Chaeli

Tobin and Erin said...

happy birthday, luker!! that brown shirt looks nice.

lacey, you totally win at this birthday present thing! how do i get tobin to celebrate his birthday that way??? i don't think you look very tired in that picture of you and luke; it's a good one! i thought the angle was a little funny until you explained that grace took it; that makes sense now!

good pictures all around, caleb looks adorable and wily. :)

love you all!