Friday, March 14, 2008

Quick, pictureless update

I would love to post pictures today, but I think it'll have to wait. Our computer has been acting sick lately, so I'm going to do a quick little update before it crashes...

Ava is 5 months old now. She is the sweetest child in the world, I think. (Don't tell our other two, haha.) But she actually has a cold now, which is so sad. She's only been in the nursery twice now; can I still blame the cold on that? : - )

Caleb gets his splint off on Monday, or at least that's the plan. He's doing well with it, though. And his talking has taken off in the past week or two. He's saying so many more words and phrases now - how fun! I guess our pediatrician was right when she guessed he'd start talking more right around his second birthday.

Grace is learning more and more all the time, I think. She's doing such a great job with memorizing her verses for Cubbies - and that's thrilling to me! She's even starting to write letters on her own. She'll be coloring, and just say, "Look, Mommy, I wrote an "S!" Isn't that cool? Oh, she's also doing a great job with potty training. Night time dryness might take a while, but she's pretty much trained during the day. Praise the Lord!

Luke's busy as ever at work, almost too busy. He feels like he has so much to do but can't get it all done.

And I'm also busy, but my work involves cooking, cleaning, and changing diapers. I know, for a fact, that it'll never all get done. Trying to sell the house also throws a wrench in my fire, because it has to be absolutely, perfectly spotless for showings and such. I dare you to try that with three kids under three years old!

That's all for now. Maybe I'll get to post pictures sometime soon. Until next time, take care!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lace- how is the house selling going? Any offers?
Chaeli

Anonymous said...

i am right there with you both on being busy... however, our office at work did get cleaned today and it made me feel like we're actually caught up... we'll see how Monday goes. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Adminswife said...

We love your updates, even if they are pictureless. We miss your family. Our computer is sick too. It still works, but it groans every once in awhile. The clothes washer is fixed ($265). I will be running loads all day - nothing has been washed since Tuesday. Many of the items have been puked on (oh joy!). I agree - Ava is the sweetest child in the world - as well as Caleb and Grace (if you can say that there are three sweetest children in the world). We can't wait to hear the good news about Caleb's wrist. I am sure he will be glad to be free again as well. Elyse is still sick, Zachary seems to be getting it too. Tim has never recovered from trying to get sick. We haven't slept a full night since the game (between coughing, snoring and school alarms going off - sheesh!). Have a super weekend. Love you and miss you all!

Tim said...

You are learning to talk like Mom Rumley (wrench in my fire).

It sounds like you are having showings. That is a step in the right direction.

Luke, too much to do and can't get it all done = job security.

Adminswife said...

Elyse says: Poor Ava! I wish I could come see you, but I am sick too. Tell Caleb & Grace I said "HI!" Love you!

Mom says: "YES, the nursery is ALWAYS the problem. We would get sick on Sunday, heal by Wednesday, get sick in the nursery on Wednesday and heal by Sunday only to start over again. I decided I would keep the baby with me until they started talking and disturbing the church service. Our church doesn't mind little ones in the service. But, some parents don't know when the kids is too loud and should be taken out. Sometimes it is a big distraction. But, a perfect kid like AVA, wouldn't be a problem!

Tobin and Erin said...

hi rumleys! :) hehe, i can call y'all that now. sounds like you are really busy....i hadn't thought much about it, but i guess you do have 3 kids under 3 years. yikes, sounds like a lot to handle! just so you know...you never have to clean the house when i'm coming over! i won't mind a mess and i can help clean with the best of them! love you all, and i hope to see you soonish.

Anonymous said...

Hey GR Rumleys!

You have such a wonderful family. I'm always impressed by you two and your kids. You're so cool. :)

Lace, I have no idea how you would ever get anything done with three small kids. Your house has always looked really nice whenever I've been over.

Luke - keep up the good work! If nothing else, family marriages will keep providing you with jobs, right?? Heh-heh. Nobody read into that.

Love you five!!! < - Geez, that's a big number.

-Betsey

Adminswife said...

Good job, Luke, on updating the Bolton's website. It will be an early start on that Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke and Lacey,
I've missed reading new news about you so the pictureless update was great! I can't understand how you can update at all but like you said, you have great kids:) Or maybe a great mom and dad?? BTW,we want to pass our orphan piano (it's "mom" is in South Africa) on to Portage but they can't take it until getting rid of the piano they currently have. Anybody out there want a piano for the taking? Jon really wants the piano gone--it must be spring.
Really hope the house sells for you but more than that, that you have a good place to go after it does!
Love you all, Aunt Nona

Shannon said...

Hey were you serious about the piano thing? My family might be interested! We have been looking around. So yeah. If so we would love to adopt it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon, I didn't get back to read blogs until today. The piano might be gone but if it isn't I will be sure to let you know.
Aunt Nona