Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ava's 4-month Check-up

She did great today! What a sweet girl. Even though her appointment was right in the middle of nap time, she smiled at the doctor the entire time. The doctor declared that all is well, even though she doesn't yet bear her weight when we try to stand her up. She must just be content to lie down! : - ) For those of you who are interested in the stats, she's now 13lb 14oz (skinnier than I thought - 55th percentile) and 26-1/4in long (off the charts). I'm a little envious of my two daughters being so tall and thin. At the same time, I'm happy for them that they got their daddy's genes!

After the appointment, we got to have lunch at Burger King with Kisha, Tayler, and Logan. What a special treat for us! They are such good friends, and the kids had a blast in the playplace. (I'm normally grossed out by all the nasty germs in a playplace, but this one wasn't too bad, and our three were the only kids playing in it. We made sure to give 'em all a good dose of Purell on their hands when they were done.) I took some pictures but haven't gotten them on the computer yet. Maybe later!

Update on Caleb - The splint is not slowing him down at all, though it does seem to be waking him up at night. Apparently, Luke woke up in the middle of the night and found Caleb in bed with us! I never even noticed him there! (We've been very tired lately.) So, Luke put him back in his own bed. Sheesh! I still don't have his follow-up appointment scheduled, because the doctor's office hasn't called me back yet.

Hope everyone's doing well. See you Rumleys in 10 days!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

i thought Aves weighed more then that...I forgot about the wedding i hope Calebs tux fits over his splint! Well hope to see ya'll tomorrow hopefully we will have church

Tobin and Erin said...

aw. cute lil ava. i hope caleb is healing well, we'll see in that follow up appt i suppose. see you all in less than 2 weeks. :) i love you, take care of yourselves and drive safely on your way down here.

Adminswife said...

We definitely need to live closer. So close and yet so far away. The few times we see these gorgeous grandkids is few and far between. We would love to be so much help to you. Maybe soon...