Friday, September 21, 2007

9 days!

The countdown is on. We're in the single digits, folks. Well, I guess I should say, we're in the single digits until the due date. We're probably still in the double digits for the actual until-the-baby's-born countdown. But still, we're getting there! This baby will be born within 19 days! Is everybody ready? (Am I ready?)

In other news, Grace is in Cubbies this year! She's doing a fabulous job so far! Last week she said her Cubbies motto ("Jesus loves me") and the key verse (1 John 4:10 - "God loved us and sent His Son.") I was worried that she'd have a hard time memorizing verses since she's still only 2 years old, but so far she's done great! I'm excited about that. We haven't pushed her to learn the references to the verses yet (which isn't required until her second year of Cubbies), but we might start. If she can do it, we might as well, right? I just find it exciting that she can start memorizing God's Word at such an early age. It challenges me, too - because I very rarely take the time to memorize Scripture. If my 2-year-old can do it, can't I do it?!

We've also been pretty busy at church lately, although I'm on a break from my ministries. A couple of wonderful ladies took over Cubbies for me this year, which is great. And then I'm not doing nursery duty until January. Base Camp stuff is here and there, but nothing to stress about when the new baby arrives. The biggest thing at church right now is our switch to two services - coming on September 30 (our due date!). No one at church is really excited about it, but if we're going to move forward, it's necessary for us. So, I'm hoping and praying it goes well. And I'm glad that we're all on the same page, thinking that it's only temporary until we grow enough to afford our next step (building on, or moving, or building new...whatever God has for us).

Oh, and we got to go see Erin play volleyball last weekend! GOOD JOB, ERIN! Honestly, they did an amazing job! They went undefeated (5-0) in the tournament. I'll be honest - I hate Chicago traffic. I never, ever want to go back there. Especially being 8-1/2 months pregnant and worrying that if I go into labor I'll have to deliver in the car in the middle of a traffic jam. However, it was so worth it to be with the whole Rumley clan and see Erin be amazing at volleyball. I do love my in-laws a lot.

And we get to see Emily again this weekend! Tonight we're going apple picking! YAY! We've been looking forward to this for a while. We'll go to Vince Brown Farms in Conklin to pick some yummy apples, and then we'll come back here and make pie fillings and applesauce to freeze for the coming year. What a fun tradition! This is my third year picking apples. (And thank you to Mom Rumley for the apple peeler/corer/slicer - this year's birthday present. It will be greatly appreciated this weekend!)

Okay, this is a lengthy post. I'm sorry I hardly ever blog anymore. Blame it on the dial-up. For now, this is my update. Maybe next time I write, it'll be about our new baby!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats to Grace shes becoming such a big girl! Can't wait till baby #3 arrives. Hold on to that baby until next friday it should be a blast! See you soon!

Luv, Shannon

Adminswife said...

Elyse - Good job, Grace! I hope it's a girl, Lacey. I love you, Caleb!

Mom - Good job, Grace! I knew you could do it, you are one smart cookie. We still know the Cubbie's Key verse. Ask Luke about the rhythm we used to remember it.

Nine days - can't wait.

Anonymous said...

I really like reading your updates! Your family is so awesome... God has truly blessed you and I love hearing about all the things you do for Him. Have a great weekend Rumleys!

Tobin and Erin said...

5 DAYS!! i am sooooo excited! it will probably be just me and kt coming up to see the new bambino when he arrives.

that's so cool that grace is learning bible verses! she's amazing.

thank you for coming to see me play volleyball. it was great to see you all there. wish i could just hop up there for your apple-picking adventure! i miss making applesauce and things like that.

love you and see you SOON! hang in there...