Good things have been happening. On Friday (I think? or maybe Thursday?) of last week, they changed Dad's trach, and he is now able to talk! It been SO great to hear him verbalize what he's thinking and feeling. It's also a little sad, because one of the first things he said was, "I don't want to be here." And he keeps asking to go home. He also didn't know what happened, so my mom had to explain a little bit of the accident to him (without the gory details). It has been nice, though, to hear him say "Hi, Grace" and "I love you" and things like that.I think his therapies are going well, too. They've been working on standing with him. I guess he's been improving quite a bit. At first, they had to have someone bracing his knees, and someone behind him bracing his shoulders and bottom. But now, they don't have to have people bracing him. Just someone there to help him keep his balance. That's great! He hasn't even been there a week yet, and I feel like he's improving so much.
Now, please pray for him to learn to swallow again. Once he learns to swallow on command, he can have his trach out. And he can have the drink of water that he's been asking for. Also, please just pray that he'll continue to be strengthened mentally and physically. He seems confused some of the time, so please pray for mental clarity for him. Now, on an unrelated note, we celebrated Kade's second birthday this past weekend. It was fun! Grace and Kade are best buddies, and they just love to be around each other. The first picture is of Grace and Kade opening one of his birthday presents. He was very gracious to let Grace help with the unwrapping!
And then the other picture is from last week, when Grace got to play on the playset that Grandma and Grandpa Rumley brought for her. She loves it. She was so excited that she walked around the house all day one day pointing to it and saying, "Papa, thank you. Papa, thank you." So, thank you, DadR!
-{lkr}
6 comments:
Such good news! I don't blame him for not wanting to be there. I would rather re-coup at home as well. YEAH for progress! Amazing man!
Praise the Lord! I was so excited reading your blog. We will continue to pray for complete healing, but what an answer to prayer already!
Love the pics too!
You're welcome, Grace.
PS: Love the pictures. What cuties! I am sure they look like their Gma on their Dad's side.
That is such great news about your dad! It seems like it was just a little bit ago that he was in a coma, and now he is standing and talking! That is wonderful news. I can't wait to hear about his complete recovery!
Grace is beautiful...what fun pictures! Congrats to Kade...he is TWO already...that means Grace isn't far behind. I love that she talks now too! Amazing. Can't wait to see you all.
-Erin R
So good to hear about your dad's progress! I was still praying for him to be able to squeeze his hands and stuff and now he's standing! AWESOME.
Oh my, stories about your kids are such heartwarmers. I love them. Grace is so precious!
Thanks for the updates, Lace...it's so good to feel connected with what's going on in the family!
Love you all,
Betsey
Post a Comment