Wednesday, October 25, 2006

And he's walking!

Just a really quick update...

When I was in with my dad on Monday, he kept asking to take a walk, and I kept telling him he couldn't walk yet. He'd get there, but not yet. Well, unbeknownst to me, he had walked in physical therapy that day! His therapist had him standing between the parallel bars, and he just started walking. So when he got to the end of the parallel bars, they put him in something called an eva walker, and he walked a total of 260 feet that day! And he's still walking in therapy! Praise the Lord! His therapist wasn't expecting him to be able to walk already; it's definitely an act of God!

It was nice to be able to spend some quality time with him on Monday. We got to talk, and I trimmed his fingernails, and I read him some Scripture and his Daily Bread. It was nice to be able to do something after being away for a few weeks.

And guess what? He's having some problems with his rear. (It's a prayer request - but I won't go into any more detail!) Anyway, his colon-rectal specialist is Ryan Figg, a friend from church! That's got to be another God-thing.

So, remember, God is good, all the time! And have a great day!

-{lkr}

P.S. I almost forgot! Caleb's first tooth started to pop out today! He's such a big boy!

P.P.S. Dad also got his trach out yesterday, which is wonderful! Now, keep praying that he'll be able to have a strong enough swallow to have a drink of water.

7 comments:

Adminswife said...

WHOA! Amazing! God is good - all the time! Your whole family is amazing! Glad to hear the updates. Yeah, Caleb! Glad that tooth FINALLY came in. Can't wait to see all of you! Pretty soon!

Anonymous said...

YAY! i am so happy for you all! it sounds like your dad is doing great. it doesn't make sense to me that he can walk but can't swallow; i hope he gets to that step quickly! love hearing the updates. later.

Anonymous said...

quick question -

do you know if Sheri has had her baby ???

Anonymous said...

She did! Maria Noel (sp?) on Saturday, the 21st. You will have to ask Lacey for more details.

Emily said...

God works miracles everyday! I'm so glad to hear the updates!

Anonymous said...

I went to CU with you all and lived down the hall from Lacey the semester before you got married:) I hadn't been to your blog in a couple of months, but it just hit me to check it today, and I'm glad I did...I had to go back to find out what was happening with your dad. My husband and I will be praying -- so much of it sounds like the same kind of recovery my grandpa went thru almost 2 years ago...it's a slow journey, but things like getting the trach out and being able to talk are so huge!!!

Jim & Wendy said...

Hey guys!

I am glad to hear that your Dad is making good progress, Lacey! We will keep praying!