Friday, February 03, 2006

Baby names...

So, I realized this week that I’m 33 weeks along, which means that in only four weeks (at 37 weeks along), the doctors will say something like, “It’s okay for the baby to come any time now.” In FOUR WEEKS?! Whoa! Where has time gone? It truly doesn’t seem like all that long ago that I found out we were pregnant, and now I’m suddenly rushing around like a mad woman, trying to figure out what to pack for the hospital and wondering how we’re going to survive as parents of TWO kids.

Oh, and what to name the baby…We’ve had a boy name, since we didn’t get to use it last time. But a girl name? Nope. We really like Madison Joy, but it seems that Madison is the most popular name ever right now. I don’t want my daughter to have four other kids with the same name in her class in school. So, I read through our entire baby name book yesterday and wrote down some other names that are nice. Luke and I are considering these first names: Ava, Avery, and Aubrey. (I shouldn’t have bothered to read the rest of the book after “A.”) For middle names, we could still use Joy, or Elaine, or Kae/Kay/Kaye. I kind of like Aubrey Kae, or Ava Joy…(I do like Avery, but my best-friend-growing-up-Jana’s-sister-Jaime just had a girl, and named her Avery Jane. So I’m not sure on that.) Any opinions? Other suggestions?

Grace update:
She’s getting two teeth in on the bottom now. Maybe they’re more molars? Poor kid. She’s having a hard day. She finally just fell asleep for her morning nap at noon. I gave her Tylenol, but I think I’ll give her Motrin for the next dose. That seems to help more with pain.

Other than the pain-induced naughtiness, she’s a sweet kid. And smart. (Of course, I’m her mother, so I’m biased.) But she can make animal noises for a lion (growl), horse (squeal), and pig (grunt, grunt, grunt). Isn’t that cute? And she learned how to turn our light switches on and off. That’s less cute. But it’s fun to watch her grow and learn. I have a feeling she’s going to seem like such a big kid when the new baby’s born.

That's all for now.

-{lkr}

P.S. I'm working on getting digital pics on the desktop computer, so I can put some on our blog. You'll know if it works!

8 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

Haha! Grace is learning so fast!

I really like all of the names you posted; they sound so cool! Any of them really. Yeah, I'm no help. It's funny that you liked all the "A" names.

Maybe you should decide between the names off of meanings?? I dunno.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

If you name her Timothea she will not have a classsmate with that name.;)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, Dad. You know, if you guys names her Erin-evna or Betsey-riska she probably wouldn't have any other classmates of similar nomenclature. (whoa, big word, did I spell that right??) But I digress.

You guys have some seriously cool names picked out. I don't have a fav yet, but if I think of one, I'll let you know. Thanks for waiting for dial-up eons to post this. I appreciate it. :) Grace is totally smarter than I am. No wonder they named a college after her.

-Betsey

Tobin and Erin said...

hahahaha...

Tobin and Erin said...

i've become decidedly fond of aubrey as a name. cool name.

Anonymous said...

Upon further review,

I REALLY like the names Ava and Aubrey. I think Ava's my fav. I like the name Joy because it sounds pretty and has a cool meaning, but I do like the sound of Aubrey Kae. Did that help?

Oh, and I saw Elaine on the list. I like that, and I LOVE the Spanish version, Elena. Purty. :)

Love you guys,
Betsey

Tobin and Erin said...

betsey you are NO HELP AT ALL

there lacey, i took care of it for you

unless you wanna name your kid like one of those hispanic princesses...ya know...amelia gordita felipe consuela perdita louisa manuel IV.

Anonymous said...

Names are hard to pick. Having a hard week - thought you would like to know. Miss you three and 8/9ths. Love you!