Thanks to the multitudes of people who helped us move in to our house. That includes both Rumley and Liabenow families and a bunch of FHBC people. THANK YOU! The move was SO incredibly smooth. From the time people arrived and started packing stuff into trucks, until the time the apartment was completely emptied and cleaned from top to bottom, was about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Isn't that amazing?! It's all because we had probably 30 people there. I just sorta stood there and watched people go by in a big blur.
Then, when we got to the house with all of our junk, it was all inside in about an hour (I think?). And some wonderful folks stayed to help us unpack. Really, I was 2/3 unpacked in our first day here. How cool is that? I was SO incredibly blessed by those people!
We're feeling pretty settled now. We still have a few things to deal with, like finding the right vanity mirrors and hanging them. And our dishwasher will FINALLY be installed today. It came in yesterday, after a solid 10 days of dishpan hands. Really, my poor little hands could use a break from all that washing.
Luke got me this really hip shelf for Christmas that we want to put up in the living room, but that has been a disaster. First, I told him the wrong spot for the holes, so the holes were too far apart and the shelf couldn't hang there. That made a couple of extra holes in our new drywall and paint. Then, we got the holes right, and the drywall anchors wouldn't hold the shelf up. Luke tried to use some sort of glue to hold them in. It worked for about an hour, and then the shelf came tumbling down. (I sang that line just like "And the house came a'tumbling down...") Anyway, THEN we thought we were smart and bought toggle bolts. (Look it up if you don't know what those are. They're kinda cool.) Well, the heads were too big. I finally got the right size heads yesterday, and we tried to hang our shelf, and it's such a disaster. We can't get the screw heads close enough to the wall without them pretty much falling through the hole, and when they're a good closeness to the wall, the shelf won't catch on it. AUGH! And that's the saga of the shelf. I'd like to throw the thing out the window, but then we'd have four unused holes in our wall. Sheesh.
On another topic, Grace is in her big girl bed and loving it! It's a sweet, white twin size bed. We actually bought a bunk bed, and she's using the top bed, because it already has guard rails with it. So it's sorta like a big crib with short walls. Does that make sense? Anyway, she liked playing in it a lot when we first got it, but lately she's been an angel with it. She takes two naps each day, and yesterday for each nap I said, "Want to go take a nap?" and she ran toward her room, stopped to make sure I was coming, and ran the rest of the way to her bed. Then I put her in her bed, and she lay down and took a nap. How sweet is that? It's every mother's dream, I think. I hope it lasts! I told Luke we should've started with this bed in the very beginning, hehe.
Well, is that enough of an update? I will post pictures if I ever have the patience for it on dial-up. Have a good day everyone!
-{lkr}
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Do you go to that FHBC? Ours is right around the corner from you: Forest Hills Baptist Church. Cool.
Bless your little dial-up heart. I feel for ya, girlie.
That was pretty much the coolest move EVER! I'm totally inviting FHBC-ers to come move me whenever that becomes necessary. :)
It's good to hear from you guys. Thanks for calling about my birthday....I love you!!!
-Betsey
Thanks for the update! Wow, Grace is pretty much the perfect child. Haha, I know that can't be entirely true, but what a SWEETHEART!! And I still wanna see some of her one-year pictures.
Your house is soooo beautiful! Have fun living in it and making a whole new life for yourselves.
Yes, pictures! Darn dial-up.
Enjoyed the update from the cornfields. We were wondering how things were going. WHOA! I just noticed that the eyes on topher1kenobe move from left to center to right and back again. Creepy! Anyway, enjoy your new home - I would if I were you. Glad your dishwasher arrived. That would be a relief to your hands. We have someone coming to look at the van on Saturday. If they buy it, we are up a creek without a paddle. Or stuck in the driveway without a car. Guess we will have to steal Erin's until we get another one. I am sure she will love that story! Love you guys, Thanks for the udpate.
yay lace! you are moved in! sorry we didn't stay on sunday. we will be over to visit soon!
Ah, the joys of home ownership. Keep plugging at the shelf. There is always a way.
I'M OUT OF A CAR???!!! Grrrr.
Haha, it's really ok I suppose. Especially if that means we FINALLY sold the van. But let's step on that "purchasing a new car" deal, eh?
Hi LandLandGandOther!!!!
i am glad you are in! It's a blessing to have helping hands. Keep in touch!
Dodge Caravan??!! Uh-oh.....somebody's a soccer mom!!! :) No, Luke, it's not you.
-Aunt Betsey
Post a Comment