Wednesday, April 27, 2005

You asked us to blog, so I'm blogging.

I think it's kinda sad that I'm 22 years old, and I have nothing to say on a blog. Aren't 22-year-olds supposed to be hip and with it, daring, bold, adventurous, and somewhat crazy? Okay, maybe I'm a little crazy, but more in the I-got-up-at-4-am-this-morning-with-my-crying-child-and-I'm-so-tired-I-
can't-walk-in-a-straight-line kind of crazy. That's definitely different than the typical 22-year-old I-went-out-at-2-am-for-a-slushie-and-ran-into-some-friends-
and-stayed-up-all-night kind of crazy. Then again, I wasn't ever the slushie kind of girl, even before I was married and a mommy.

Now, the most interesting thing I did today was make a trip to Target and Sam's Club. I was shopping for a wedding present at Target, for Luke's cousin Wade. (I'm excited for their wedding.) Anyway, I was standing with my cart and Grace, who was in her car seat on top of the cart, and I was reading their 14-page registry. (WOW! It was long.) While I was deep in thought, trying to figure out what to get them, a strange young lady crept up behind me with her little baby and started talking to Grace, which totally interrupted my wedding present train of thought. Anyway, she was holding her baby, who was much younger than Grace and dressed in a blue outfit with pink shoes. Now, I thought, blue means boy, but what mom would put pink shoes on a boy? So, I took a crazy guess and said, "How old is SHE?" Turns out it was a 3-month-old girl who looked smaller than Grace had EVER been. Then again, Grace was kind of a big baby, ya know? Anyway, that's not my point. My point is, people never used to walk up to me in the store and just start talking like they know who I am. I can't remember anyone ever doing that. But now that I have a little person to shop with, it's like people of all ages flock to me, or rather Grace. I guess it's nice that people think we're approachable (and they all think Grace is cute, 'cause she is), but does anybody else think it's weird to have strangers talking baby talk in their general direction?

So, yep, that's the highlight of my day: talking strangers and little girl babies in blue. Yippee.

On a happier note, Jana comes home next week! YAY! I'm SO excited to see her after so long and hear more details about her stay in Vienna. It's so cool that she's been so many places - Munich, Prague, Salzburg...

Welp, gotta go set the table. Dinner's in the oven, and Luke's coming home soon. Bye all.

{lkr}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world! See you Saturday!

Tobin and Erin said...

Haha, aww, that's cute!! I'D walk up to you in the store and talk to Grace randomly if I didn't know you. Lol, have a good day, wayto go you blogging fool, and I will see you this weekend.

Erin