Here I am blogging again, and I'm sure I did it just yesterday. Wow!
Well, frustration is turning to madness in the area of our house, or should I say lack of house. We have our land and our blueprints, both of which I am smitten with. But our builder is a bit of a poophead, if I'm allowed to say that. We started this process 6 months ago. We looked through thousands of floor plans, got bunches of quotes, and nailed down just how much this thing will cost. We're finally ready to dig and start getting this house built, and the guy isn't returning our calls! ERG!
So, now I've resorted to looking at houses in the area that are already built. (Which is what we were doing BEFORE we started this whole building process.) But it's disheartening, because we will get much less of a house if we buy an existing one...Not to mention that the kitchen-to-be is so beautiful, and I've been planning where I'm going to put everything in it. That would be a bummer if it didn't happen.
So, that leaves us waiting.....Luke did point out that we have no real hurry now. I mean, as long as we start building in time to have the shell up before winter, we're good. I was just hoping to have Grace's 1st birthday party in the new house. Wouldn't that be fun? We could have party hats and cake...and she doesn't really have friends yet, so I'd have our families come, and probably some kids from church, too. Ahh, the dreams of a first-time mother.
Well, speaking of Grace, she's napping, and I should be showering and doing some useful things. Have a good day!
{lkr}
Thursday, April 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'll build your house. Where's the shovel?
Sorry things aren't going as planned. But someday it'll all work out, and it'll be the most beautiful house you can imagine!
Have a great day, see you this weekend.
Had a GREAT time this weekend! Next time we get together, bring that game cuz I'm gonna win for shizzle! Oh yeah, and Luke, Betsey called you Lumberjack Billy when I told her about your facial deformity. It's all good though. I grudgingly admitted to her that it looked good on you. So she's not totally brainwashed to my way of thinking about it. Have a good one!
I love the reference to "The Princess Bride." That was fun watching it with Elyse. I had forgotten some of the GREAT lines.
Thanks for sharing your birthday with us - we enjoyed it thoroughly.
Post a Comment